In home one on one math tutoring.
One on One Tutoring Session
Please Note: These terms and conditions form a contract between you (parent/guardian/adult student),
hereafter also referred to as the “client”, and Ace Math Tutoring Inc. also referred to as “Ace Math Tutoring”.
1. Service: Ace Math Tutoring will provide a regular service of one to one tutoring to individuals, or to small
groups. Tutorials will take place at an agreed location, date and time. Lessons will continue until a mutually
agreed termination date.
2. Payment: The client agrees to pay Ace Math Tutoring the agreed upon package or hourly rate for tutoring
services. The client understands that he/she will be charged for time in one hour increments. The client will
never give or make payments to the Tutor. Students must schedule all tutoring hours within 1 year. All unused
tutoring hours will be void 1 year after purchase and will neither be redeemable nor refundable after that
3. No Guarantees or Warranties: The client understands that Ace Math Tutoring does not guarantee any
specific outcomes as a result of tutoring. Ace Math Tutoring will provide a tutor to help the student succeed.
The rest depends on the student.
4. Refunds: If you think you are entitled to a refund, please contact us with full details and evidence of the
reason for the refund request.
5. Cancellation of lessons by student: Ace Math Tutoring is committed to providing all of our students with
exceptional service. We understand that unplanned issues can come up and you may need to cancel an
appointment. If that happens, we respectfully ask for scheduled appointments to be cancelled at least 24
hours in advance. Please contact the tutor to notify him/her of any changes or cancellations. If prior
notification is not given, you will be charged the full amount equal to the usual lesson fee for the missed
6. Cancellation of lessons by tutor: The Tutor may cancel lessons by giving 24 hours prior notice to the
Student in which case no fees shall be incurred. Where a lesson was pre-paid, the Tutor shall reschedule the
appointment at a time agreeable to both parties.
7. Regular cancellations: Appointments cancelled for more than three consecutive weeks or regular
cancellations may result in termination of contract as deemed by Ace Math Tutoring or result in the tutoring
slot being offered to another client.
8. Holidays: If the client’s tutorial falls on a Statutory Holiday, then an alternative may be arranged with the
tutor, or that week’s session will be missed. If this is the case, no fees will be charged for the missed session.
9. Late Starts: If the client is late for a session, the lesson will only run until the usual end time, and be
charged at the usual price. If the client runs more than 15 min late without prior notice to the tutor, the lesson
will be considered cancelled and be charged the usual price. If a tutor is late for a session, then it is the duty of
the tutor to arrange to make up the lost time.
10. Liabilities: Ace Math Tutoring is not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special,
punitive or similar damages arising out of the use of our tutoring service. You the client specifically waive any
and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service. Neither Ace Math Tutoring nor any of its tutors are
liable for any loss, damage or injury caused while tutoring a client.
11. Guardian: The personal well-being of all students is paramount, students under the age of 18 should not
be left in the sole care of the Tutor, and a parent or guardian must always be present for the duration of a
tutoring session irrespective of where the tutoring is taking place. Parents/guardians who choose to leave
their child alone with the tutor during the tutorial, do so of their own free choice, at their own risk. All tutors
are carefully selected and have declared that they have no criminal record.
12. Environment: The personal well-being of all tutors is paramount, the client must provide a safe and clean
work environment for the tutor while a session is in progress.
13. Tutor Match. Any concern that a client may have with a tutor should be communicated with Ace Math
Tutoring as soon as possible.
14. Tutor Solicitation: All tutors provided are under written contract to Ace Math Tutoring and are only free
to tutor for the client through the agency, even after they, and/or you have left the agency.
15. Transfer of Hours: Hours may not be transferred to another client unless the student resides within the
16. Non Sufficient Funds: Any payment returned due to a Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will result in a charge
of $25 and may result in the termination of contract. A replacement payment should be made within 5
17. Contract Termination: Ace Math Tutoring reserves the right to terminate this contract at its judgment at
which the remaining amount owed to client will be refunded within 30 business days. Within the first month
contract period, the client may cancel the contract with notice of one week. This should be done in writing.
18. Client Privacy: Ace Math Tutoring will not sell, rent or distribute any clients’ personal information, to any